The only way a newborn communicates their ideas is by crying. They are crying continuously to fulfill their primary needs.
When it applies to a 6-month-old baby, they are at the beginning of their articulating sounds and comprehending a few words.
Meantime newborn baby words start to express their frustration and happiness to their parents and carers.
An eight-month-old baby tries to show various gestures along with various sounds. A 10-month-old baby attaches his or her first few words.
After that, your baby’s comprehension ability will increase at a remarkable rate.
Around one and half years, there will be a dramatic expansion in speaking a few words and they try to express their ideas up to a certain extent.
Dear parents, through this article, we try to help you to improve by giving the following very important hints.
Try to keep in touch with this article and the last few ideas will shock you and give you very valuable insights to improve your baby’s speech ability.
Table of Contents
1. Labelling the things all around.
This is a very important fact that everything in your baby’s world has a name. Your responsibility with your baby is to use all those names and label things as much as possible.
The first thing that you should do is label the things around your baby’s environment. the bath, toilet, kitchen sink, oven, lamps, sofa, etc.
Play the eyes, nose, mouth game
- You can take your baby’s hand and touch your eyes, your hand, and your mouth, and kiss the hand at the last stop. After that point out the other body parts of the body.
- Then try to point out the environmental things such as the birds, trees, leaves, flowers, cars, trucks and homes, buildings, and various sorts of other things.
- While you are walking you can do this thing very well. So try to accompany your baby most of the time to complete your day-to-day tasks at home.
- Also, don’t try to leave the people. To get started to point out baby girls, boys, women, men, girls, boys, and family brothers and sisters, etc.
Give your baby a sense of identity
- Trying to use their names most often gives them a sense of Identity.
- Use a pointer to facilitate the labeling then your baby can help them as a visual aid and they will start to learn things very fast and listen carefully
- Here we suggest you listen to your baby very carefully. The parents are a very important thing that you want to do at this stage.
- So you need to respond to your baby’s Babble and that response should be varied in any way
- When you ask you a question your baby gives them enough time to wait…. wait ….wait ….and wait.
- Expect a wonderful response from them. Wait for the answer. That answer can be an excited smile, body language, or unpredictable babbling
- You should study your baby’s verbal ramblings. Try to pick up a few words from their specific vocabulary.
- A difficult task because most of the time parents are in trouble when I don’t know if they are babies and recognizable words.
- If their child uses the same words for the same object the parents are mostly unable to identify that thing.
- If you are having trouble translating what your babies are asking for, try to point out possible assumptions. Such as Do you want the ball? , the bottle? , the puzzle, etc.
- Also, let them have the chance to say that “you have guessed right”.
2. Concentrates on a few concepts as follows
1st concept- Hot and cold
Here the child can experience various types of hot and cold agents.
Such as letting your baby touch the outside of a warm teacup then let him touch an ice cube or cold water then turn into warm water over an object then again into cold milk.
This way you can let the child experience various types of hot and cold sensations and then you can teach the child gradually what is cold and what is hot.
This simple technique will build the concept of hot and cold within your child.
2nd concept- Up and Down
To teach this concept you can gently lift your baby up in the air and then gradually lower him to the ground.
Also, you can pick up a box on a table and then put it down on the floor.
You can use a slide and then take up your child onto the slide and then take him down.
3 rd concept- In and out
Here, you can select large toys, and then you can put those large toys into a box or a bucket, and then dump them out.
4th concept- Empty and full
You can take your baby into the bathroom show them an empty same basket and teach them this concept simply.
4th concept – Stand and sit
You can hold your baby’s hand and stand with him together and then sit down together. Also, you can use a relevant nursery rhyme to practice this simple activity.
5th concept-Wet and dry
You can take your child into the washing machine and use the cloth washing time to teach this simple activity.
You can give a wet flannel cloth to the child and experience the wet cloth meanwhile you can give him or her a dry towel. Always try to treat something during baking time with your baby.
At the time of shampooing hair and drying the hair after bathing you can teach this concept very easily.
6th concept – Big and little
- To teach this concept you can use two balls of two sizes. Set the large ball beside the small one.
- show the baby that your mommy or daddy is bigger than the baby in the mirror.
- Simple steps and creativity can make a big difference for your little ones.
3. Explain the environment in a variety of creative ways.
- You can simply say to your child that the refrigerator keeps food cold, so it is good to stay fresh.
- Also, the sun is right so we have the light. After that, you can show a few fluorescent tube lights to a child and explain the same phenomena.
- Also, mommy uses various types of brushes in various types of locations with the baby.
- She uses a little brush to brush your little teeth, a medium brush to brush your hair a big brush to scrub the floor, etc.
- At the time you sleep up the wall switch the room is getting light. When it goes down the room is dark.
- By these simple tactics as parents, you can expand awareness and understanding of your baby’s environment and surroundings.
- Meanwhile, you can improve their sensitivity to other people and their needs and feelings
- Feelings will be a far more important step toward your baby’s eventual mastery of language.
4. Improve color consciousness within your child
Use appropriate situations and try to start identifying colors with your baby. Try to compare two things with the same colors and let them be aware of the object.
As an example; that balloon is great just like you a shirt. That vehicle is green just like your pushchair.
5. Talking twice as much as possible
You can use various types of adult braces and try to translate them into the baby’s shorthand.
Ex- oh! you have finished your snack. Tim made it all gone.
6. Don’t imitate a little baby’s accent when you are talking with your baby.
Instead, you can use simplified grown-up talk. Rather than baby talk, this simple technique will help your baby learn how to speak correctly and faster.
Ex- Alex wants a bottle? Is it better than “Baby wanna Baba?”
7. Introduce various types of pronouns to your baby
The end of the first year is a good time to start developing familiarity with them by using them along with the names.
- You can say that is going to get John a nice tricycle – same as you can use “I am going to get you a nice tricycle”.
- This bag is mummies-it’s mine.
- That fasal book is Anne’s – It’s Anne’s
8. Encourage your baby to talk back.
- Think about various ways for your baby to respond to you with various ways or gestures. Also, offered them choices such as do you want milk rise or crackers?
- Is Mickey mouse hat the one with a rabbit? Hey! Find out an interesting book to read with your kids.
- After that offer, your baby indicates a favorite selection of them. Then you can name that specific selection to your baby.
- Ask various questions
- Would you like a snack?
- Do you want to go on the slide?
- Most of the time they will respond by shaking their heads. Shaking of the head will probably proceed with verbal yes or no.
- Also, get your baby to help to locate various things even if they aren’t really lost.
- Can you find the doll? Here I give you a baby with plenty of time to turn up the item.
- Even looking in the right direction should find that’s right- that’s the ball. etc.
9. Never force your baby to talk.
Always encourage your baby by saying
“Tell mummy what you want.”
“Tell daddy you what you can do” etc.
Most of the time your baby might use grunting pointing to other signs to indicate their need if your baby grunts on and on, offer them a choice
Ex-do you want a tricycle of the teddy bear?
If you still get the non-verbal response, name the particular item yourself.” it is the dog you want”? etc. after that, you can hand it over.
Never try to with anything small because I can’t ask for it by name or pointing.
10. Always try to keep simple directions.
Around the first birthday, most of your babies can follow commands. your kid has the ability to follow very simple commands. Here you can use one step at a time.
Ex- don’t use “please pick up the plate and spoon and give it to me”
Instead, you can ask “please pick up the plate” when that’s been done in the second sentence later
Please give the spoon to daddy.
If you feel that you are a baby trying to carry out your simple commands, let your baby enjoy and create various opportunities to enjoy dos commands then you can see early success in following commands.
Ex-if your baby’s trying to reach a cracker;
You can say, ” yes you can, pick up the cracker” here you can enjoy the particular activity with various encouragement.
11. Correct your child carefully.
Here, don’t try to criticize a child incorrectly in his verbal abilities and skills. Too much criticism could prompt a baby to give up trying to speak.
Even though the miss pronunciations of your adorable baby never encourage them to repeat those.
12. Believe in the massive advantages of rhymes in your baby’s speech.
You can use various types of books with pictures of animals, vehicles, toys, and children.
But the attention span of your child may be different and these types of book reading and watching habits cannot be implemented directly.
So think about that carefully and attend slowly to your baby’s speech growth.
13. Let your child think numerically.
Counting may be a long way off for your child. But from the very beginning, you can teach your child about the concept of counting.
You can use the following verbal phrases to teach the concept of accounting to your baby
- Here, you can have one biscuit
- How many birds are there in the tree?
- You have two puppy dogs
These types of mathematical concepts are very much important for your baby’s growth.
To facilitate that you can sing number rhymes such as “Baba black sheep” etc.
14. Use various types of signs and body language to facilitate communication
Most parents enjoy using science and hand motions to encourage a few words with their baby.
After that, they can encourage their communication and enhance their understanding.
Sometimes this can be used for study purposes with them. This will directly improve their language development
The first communicative way of your children is caring. They request most things by crying. Then small babies start to produce various sound patterns with various gestures.
So those gestures will accompany by single words. That words ultimately convert into incomplete phrases.
As parents, you can think of various other supportive ways to enhance the usage of words. The primary speech skills get to start at the age of 7-8 months of a baby.
They simply developed communication skills and they will grow rapidly with the developmental milestones.