The little person you have been expecting for more than 9 months is finally about to come. Everything should be planned and arranged properly now.
So packing things with your pregnancy hospital checklist is a memorable thing for you and your partner. So take this as a starting point. Make the pregnancy hospital bag checklist.
Don’t miss any essential things. Also don’t overdo things. Make aware of when to pack and what to pack. Include all the things in the baby hospital bag checklist. Planned everything in this situation is an advisable thing for an expecting mom.
So clean up and organized your mind by doing these tiny things. Little baby steps will enhance your quality of psychological aspect toward the dreamy baby world. That is the reason, the maternity hospital bag checklists are widely popular.
Table of Contents
- your hospital’s and midwife’s phone number
- your partner or birth partner’s phone number
- your own hospital’s reference number which is on your card
- Stocking up things
When you come home you don’t want to do many more things than the rest. you have to spend more time caring about your baby. So stock up on daily home needs and things needed in day-to-day life.
Cook some meals for 2-3 days and put them in the freezer. Meanwhile, think of hospital bags prepared carefully. That is the most important thing, you should do in the latter part of your pregnancy.
Your new life…your new extended family and loving moments awaiting you.
Imagine! now you are going to experience extended family life. If you are a newly married couple, how nice to visualize the world of you (you, your partner, and your baby).
In this situation, if you wish to admit to the hospital for your delivery, you have to arrange three bags for you and your partner, and the baby. Try to arrange these bags with your own hands. That will enrich your attitudes and experiences about your new family as a mom.
How long do you have to stay in the hospital?
As you know there are two types of expecting mothers. That is vaginally delivering and C-section delivery moms.
Vaginal delivering moms- Taking one or two days of average hospital stay.
C-section delivery- Closer to three or four days of hospital stay.
Contact your hospital. Try to make a good relationship with the facilitating people there. ask them what they suppose to provide for you and take those things off your bag.
Hospital bag checklist for moms
- Your hospital forms, birth plans, insurance info, and a photo ID
- Your mobile phone is an essential item to take. Also, take your charger, and portable power bank. Sometimes you can not find an outlet.
- For walking before and after labor, you can take 2-3 pairs of warm nonskid socks which you can use late for the post-partum workout classes.
- A warm sweater or a robe
- Natural beeswax lip balm(chemical balms not recommended.)
- Avoid all types of clips. use a headband or ponytail holder.
- Two non unwire maternity bras and nursing pads.
- Personal items and toiletries such as a hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, face wash, deodorant, lotion, shampoo and conditioner, contact lance, and solution.
- Loose lightweight clothing(maternity ward always maintained as hot areas.)
- Use six moth maternity-size clothes for going home. also, take flat shoes with this.
- Food items-Sugar free hard candy or minty sweets to keep your mouth moist during labor. Also takes non-perishable snacks. (totally based on preference)
Use travel-size products in this time period.Those are more user-friendly.
These items also can be added to the mom’s bag.
- Breastfeeding pillow
- A postpartum recovery essentials kit. (your hospital will provide ice packs and pads)
- While the hospital is providing disposable pairs, you can have a few pairs of maternity underwear. That can get ruined.
- Law raises postpartum underwear, if you are preparing for a c-section, these are designed with your incision’s recovery margin lines.
- A comfy pillow from home.
- Rechargeable ear pads to listen to music.
- Very light reading materials. (magazines or newspapers.)
Hospital bag checklist for baby
Your new baby, the new person who lightened your whole life is going to start his/her new life. When you are just starting out in life you don’t need too much. There may be few essentials in your baby’s hospital
- A coming home outfit and hat. (Bring clothes in different sizes. Your preferences should all be directed to your baby’s first photo.
- Monogrammed warm blankets. (For home ride)
- Approved infant car seat.
Hospital bag checklist for a partner
After arranging mom and baby’s bag methodically, don’t forget to pack a bag for your partner. Because you all together are going to spend a night or two in a maternity ward.
If it is a c-section it is more than two days. So be prepared for some overnight essentials. These are a few things to keep your partner occupied.
- Mobile phone and charger
- change of clothes
- personal car equipment s such as toothbrush, toothpaste, toiletries, deodorant, face wash, and body wash, shampoo and conditioner, contact lenses, and solution.
- Any prescribed medication for mom and dad. (if)
- Entertainment is something to read or listen to or watch.
- When to arrange your hospital bag
If you have a high risk of pregnancy or are an expectant mom of twins, you should pack your bag at around 35 weeks. In other cases, you can pack it for around 37 or 38 weeks & these are your basics.
But it is a good idea not to leave it for later than 38 weeks. If you want to do it earlier, when to pack the hospital bag is up to you. also, you need to have a hospital bag ready to go whenever the baby is.
If you are becoming a mother for the first time, it can be difficult to decide what to pack and when to pack. To make a good all-around understanding of the pregnancy hospital bag checklist.
Always pack essential things and don’t pack many things. Select items based on your financial state and your requirement. Preparing a hospital bag ahead of time will help you stay calm and peaceful on the delivery day.
It is better to pack your own can save you from discomfort. GO TO THE HOSPITAL WITH YOUR PARTNER BEFORE THE DELIVERY DATE.
This will help you to understand the hospital environment. It is important to make aware of the place and the things as well as the surrounding people at the hospital. That will improve your psychological state.
Now, you have arranged all three hospital bags for you, your baby, and your partner. It is more enjoyable and beneficial if you can arrange these with your own hands as a mom.
When you are buying things, make sure to buy all in travel size products always. When you have gone through the hospital bag checklist, if you are well satisfied with the things you packed, then stash your hospital bag in your car and get ready for your baby’s arrival.